L-Carnitine is an amine which is synthesized in the liver, kidneys and brain, thanks to two essential amino acids (lalisine and methionine), that transports fatty acids (lipids) to mitochondria, which is responsible for the production of each cell and is also the place where fatty acids are converted into energy, so we increase the level of muscle carnitine being our body more efficient in fuel processing and increasing our energy.
If we want that L-Carnitine works as we need, ie transporting fats and their subsequent combustion, it is necessary to practice physical activity with an intensity and duration that helps the mobilization of fatty acids; otherwise, L-Carnitine would not work as it should be desired.
FUNCTIONS OF THIS MOLECULE
• It transports fatty acids from adipose tissues to cellular mitochondria, where they are converted into energy.
• It improves sports performance.
• It is a powerful anti-catabolic. It decreases the destruction of muscle mass that is sometimes caused by incorrect weight loss diets.
• It reduces muscle damage and improves recovery after some bodybuilding exercises.
• It improves brain function.
• It increases androgen receptors which lead to better recovery and an increase of muscle mass.
• It accelerates the aerobic metabolism of carbohydrates.
When you buy your carnitine, you must know that there are two different types; L-Carnitine (active body carnitine) and D-Carnitine (the other form of carnitine). We will even find products that contain a mixture of L-Carnitine and D-Carnitine. The one we are interested in is L-Carnitine.